Monday, August 23, 2004

Since when did having coke become healthier than having a pear fruit?


Since when did having coke become healthier than having a pear fruit? (I'll tell you tomorrow as long as you promise you'll be back..)
-----------------------------------

Thanks for the patience. Bayi you hit it right. Perfect score!! For sure, once you look at the person next to you, you will be trying to determine whether he/she has a diabetes or not.(Laughing out loud)
-----------------------------------
Okey, here we go:

It’s when you look at the mirror and you either get a coca-cola shape (not in cans)or a pear shape, or it can be in between. According to our community nurse, usually if your body is pear shaped, it is an indication of diabetes or the onset of it. How do you fall into this shape? There are many reasons why. It could be because of your genes but one of the most common reasons is toxic stress. You see it’s okay to go through stress once in a while. Our body needs it. However, it is when your stress becomes uncontrollable that it literally poisons your anatomy. It could lead you to raging appetite. Why so? We have this element in our body called the cortisol which has a major role of refueling our body after each stress episode. Once our stress becomes uncontrollable, this cortisol induces stress eating and weight gain. This fat settles primarily in our abdomen.

One thing we have to remember is our metabolism declines at the rate of at least 5% for every ten years of our life starting when we reach the age of twenty when everything settles (i.e. your height, build, etc.). So if we required about 2500 calories per day at twenty, by the time we reached forty, we could have required 250 calories less each day. So for every 250 extra calories we eat per day when we are forty, we know this will just go to our reserves which we simply call FAT. I don’t know how to simplify this further..maybe Dr. Emer could help.

Bottom line is take stress out of your life as possibly as you can. I have developed the ability to compartmentalize my life..adapted the truth that there is time for everything. I have stopped bringing work problems at home and vice versa. They also say that at least plan to travel at least once a year. Now I am getting stressed out thinking of where to get the moolah for travelling ..haha. Don’t worry be happy..HAKUNA MATATA!!!
---------------------------------------

Last time I checked Doc Emer's, he was being stressed out with the flooding in Manila. I hope his stress is just temporary and will not develop into a toxic stress. Delikado yan.

10 Comments:

Blogger Mec said...

hahaha

i'd return tomorrow then :D

6:26 PM  
Blogger rolly said...

I have long stopped drinking soft drinks, especially coke. Talagang tumaas ng husto blood sugar ko when we were in Mindoro and all I drank that did not have alcohol was Coke. Sa ospital ako inabot. I'm definitely coming back tomorrow.

5:14 AM  
Blogger Dr. Emer said...

Oh how I pray all patients were like you, Ting-Aling! Being conscientious about your health and the willingness to share your story about it is truly a great help to many who need it.

Some...errr, most I mean, MOST people think it can't happen to them or WON'T happen to them because they have not felt any symptom yet. But when they realize how wrong they are, it is usually TOO LATE.

Hey Ting-Aling, in order to reach more Filipinos, why not register at PinoyBlog.com ?

URL is http://www.pinoyblog.com/

See you there! Let's encourage more people to live healthy and beat diabetes.

5:39 PM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

Doc, I signed up at pinoyblog already. A few problems in comprehending but I think I am getting the hang of it. Things will definitely be easier next time..as the saying "there's always a first time" goes. Thanks for the tips. Bisita ka naman palagi. Sometimes I get chilly kasi baka yung mga sinasabi are...

9:10 PM  
Blogger santi said...

Hi Ting Aling,
Thanks for visiting my site and regarding linking me on your site it's ok the pleasure is mine.
When I was in high school we were once asked to do sit ups and even made it a contest. I tried to win it and practice at home until I find myself making it a habit. I am glad I did because even though I am not doing it now (sit ups), I'm able to maintain my waist size even if I eat a lot.

10:44 PM  
Blogger rolly said...

Ang english pala ng takaw at siba "stress". Mas magandang pakinggan. hehehe

11:11 PM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

Naku Tito Rolly, kaya ka pala magaling kumain. Bawas-bawasan mo na sigurong kablo-blog..nakakastress kung minsan..haha.

On the other side..sana naka-uwi ka na. Puwede na ba akong maging sleuth?

11:37 PM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

Welcome AnP. Nabasa ko nga sa blog mo na coke addict ka, hehe.

9:02 AM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

Santi, you will find out later na kailangan mo talagang ituloy yang sit-ups mo..no harm in going back to doing sit-ups..remember, over forty, your metabolism decreases.

9:04 AM  
Blogger santi said...

Thanks for the reminder, I no longer do sit ups but I am very active in sports. Re: stress, I do not know why but it is a reverse case for me.

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home