Friday, December 17, 2004

Getting to Know People

These holiday season, chances are you would be attending at least one party. I will be going to more than one for sure. In one of the books I was reading while on the potty, it said that attending parties could be a feat if you do not know the rest of the invited guests. And it could be a bore if you linger with the same persons you knew from the past.

The book also suggested that you could be depriving yourself of the privilege of getting to know other people who are as equally worth keeping as the same people you met in the past.
Here's what the author had in mind. When you're about to attend a party, try to make it a goal to at least add one special person in your list of good friends to cherish in the coming years to come. You can do it by aiming to talk to people who are wearing say outfits with any green or gold or silver in them.

That's a thought.

5 Comments:

Blogger rolly said...

I will have to remember that on the 30th. The color is to make it random, right?

Sayang talaga because you cannot join us. Tapos isa ka pa sa mga talagang nagpu-push na matuloy to. Don't worry, ika=kain kita. Promise.

5:52 PM  
Blogger santi said...

Hi Ting Aling,
Kumusta na? Tagal kong nawala 'no. Ang dami ko yatang namiss ah.

All my life, I have never been to a party. Kung meron man akong inatenan kainan lang siguro, not really those where I have to socialize and meet other people. I don't know why I'm like this, I am not comfortable meeting new people.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

5:08 AM  
Blogger ting-aling said...

Tito Rolly, oo nga but I hope you guys will have fun.

Bayi, I love meeting people. Remembering the people I meet is my forte.

Santi, welcome back! You must have been very busy with work. It's learning the art of meeting people that keeps you comfy. Try working on it though!

10:48 AM  
Blogger santi said...

Oo nga eh, dito rin kasi sa office ako nakakapag internet kaya kung maraming trabaho no choice ako. Next year I am planning to buy my own.
Siguro nga dapat magsanay na ako, di ako nagmana sa Tatay ko na sa lugar namin kilalang kilala at madali din siyang makakuha ng bagong mga kaibigan. Yung panganay na anak ko ang nagmana sa kanya, nung maliit kasi siya ang nag-alaga.

4:24 AM  
Blogger BongK said...

(belated) merry christmas, and a prosperous new year to you and ur family..

im home now (sa wakas!)

10:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home